Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Riding Shot Gun Duties


While driving out to Kansas City approximately a 12 hour drive one way, it's always better to have the cops in front of you rather than behind you.With a radar detector, and having my daughter riding shotgun with binoculars in hand on the prowl for cops what a system.Construction, accidents, and holiday traffic made for a long drive, but being with my daughter made it pleasurable. A wonderful navigator and DJ. Gas was 20 cents cheaper on the road than what it costs in Colorado, really, that was a nice surprise.
We drove out for a Bar Mitzvah, what a wonderful time seeing all of the family. There were however several accidents and sad events that occured. One cousin ended up in the hospital on antibiotics and missed the Bar Mitzvah entirely, another hurt his knee, in the same immediate family I might add, and another's father had a heart attack. My mother in law was still grieving having just lost her husband a few weeks ago. Seeing her the morning that she was to fly back was very hard. She told me of her fears of going home to an empty house. My sister in law lives very close and I thank God for her and her husband. It still will be hard getting through these next few months.
While out there, I got some good pictures, so I will be busy organizing them and sharing them with everyone getting them sent out in the mail.

No comments: