Monday, May 22, 2006

Life Goes On....

I just got back from New York having attended my father in law's funeral. He was a wonderful man, and we had such a good visit while he was out here for the graduation. It's hard to believe that he's really gone. He will really be missed.
He had a massive heart attack aggitated by pneumonia from a virus that he may have caught while on the plane, we'll never know.
I'm very glad that we had his 80th birthday party last January with all the family together, and then this recent family gathering with my daughter's graduation.
His wife now alone, I hope she gets stronger and learns to manage on her own. My son told me that he felt grandma would be strong just how I was. While back in New York, seeing how supportive members from her congregation were, it's as though she has a second family that will be looking in on her taking care that she has everything that she may need.
While I'm divorcing my husband, I'm not divorcing the family, I love these folks and want to continue a relationship with them. We've been family for more than 25 years. I'm looking forward to a Bar Mitzvah next weekend in Kansas City that will be a very fun time. My daughter and I will be driving out and will have a good time being together on the road trip. My son will be flying out for the weekend, so we truly will all be together.

No comments: