Monday, July 28, 2008

Sucking It Up

I do believe I know now where the saying, "Suck It Up" came from, and the true meaning.

After putting the first coat on the house, it's obvious that it will need a second coat. The wood is so dry it's 'sucking it up'. So I will have to do the same and suck it up doing it twice. This using the top of the line Behr brand. My poor home has been neglected longer than it should have been, so I'm paying for it now.

Also, the weather has been perfect today, after complaining yesterday, not too hot and not raining, I've been working non stop since this morning wanting to get as much done in these perfect working conditions, but I've got to take a break, just a short one.

When I go back out, I'll do the upper sections using the ladder, I've been using the roller and brush as the sprayer wasn't working out. Man I hope I can finish the south part of the house today, that might be asking too much, but at least the first coat. It's looking pretty good too :)

I'll definitely have to buy more stain, if I have to do a second coat. Sigh $$$. I've almost emptied the 5 gallon container and I'm still working on the first coat on only the area above the deck. Just doing the siding, I won't be able to do the deck until I replace a few boards.

I've been listening to HOOAH!!! RADIO while working, pretty good station.

Thanks to Mary for the reminder to crank up the tunes, that really helps my motivation. Can't boogie too much while up on the ladder though lol. Okay, back on it.

No comments: