Sunday, July 27, 2008

Orange Swirls

I stopped to take a picture as the swirls of paint color mixing was so pretty. After it was mixed was a different story though, it turned out to be a cheese orange, not quite the right color I was looking to put on the house.

My daughter would probably love the orange color, I will save it and modify it a bit and use it on the out buildings like the chicken coop. I didn't want the neighbors to feel like they were driving by a big chunk of Tillamook though and I have enough critters living in my house like squirrels that I will attack next week, didn't want to feel like a mouse going into the cheese lol.

So another trip down the hill to get the right color, I'm much happier with the color now. If the weather will only cooperate, it's either burning the skin off you hot, or raining it seems. I was able to get two different areas done, or one area done and a good start on the other.

Not looking forward to moving the ladder tomorrow, but it'll be good getting it off the deck.
It's such a good feeling putting the stain on the dry wood, as I stroke it on it sucks it in being so dry. It's also nice to finally get to the painting part, I've been caulking and doing the prep work forever it seems.

Before I do the deck however, I plan to replace a few redwood boards. One crucial one for support needs to be replaced pronto. It's good that I'm really scrutinizing what needs to be done and see that stuff needs repair before something goes missed and turns into a bigger job with more expense. Definitely a good feeling.

I do plan on working on the part of the house that won't be in the sun, and move around to the other side of the house as the sun hits the other side of the house. Working out in the sun today just drained me, I sat down and passed out from the heat I think. I drank a big glass of water and that was all I needed. ;)

No comments: