Sunday, January 02, 2005

Bye....

Today is the last day that I'm able to visit with my kids with all of us together, actually we'll do the airport stuff tomorrow, laundry and packing today. My son has to fly back, but my daughter lives not too far away, we don't get together very much, because of distance and work/school schedules. They have been in and out visiting with all of their friends that are also home for the holidays. It has just been wonderful having them home over the last few weeks, so we could all be together, but all good things must come to an end. Where did that saying ever come from, I hate it!
My kids aren't really kids anymore, they are grown and both living on their own, but they will always be kids to me. Otherwise I'd be old right?
They have chosen such different paths from each other, but are very close and I'm really happy about that. It's a good feeling knowing that they will be there for each other. They have both been making smart decisions and choices in their lives and I'm so very proud of them both.
When a family is in the early stages of growing, and everyone is busy with sports, lessons, concerts, and contests, stop occasionally to look at how wonderful your family is. I have wonderful memories, and am still making memories. I just wish that we could be together always, not just for visits.
I like that my husband and I are back to just the two of us, but I do miss the kids being around all of the time. This empty nest syndrome sucks
sigh.....

No comments: