Sunday, October 29, 2006

Riding Shotgun

While walking out to my car tonight after a very long shift (which started the day before), I was very tired. I was walking through a construction area and not many folks were out walking. A group of 4 or 5 guys were behind me being fairly rowdy, speaking english mixed with another language, but then shouted out "I've got a shotgun", or I thought that's what I heard. A shot ran through me (figuratively speaking) and I hastened my step and walked to the other side of some pillars, when I realized he was shouting out how he wanted to RIDE shotgun. Man did I feel stupid.
Now that I'm alone, in many ways, I catch myself with frequent feelings of being scared in various situations. I'm a strong person, but sometimes I get caught up in worry.
I'm working on it. It was still good to get to my car and lock the door.
sigh.....

No comments: