Sunday, June 05, 2005

Guilt Professional

I was really enjoying some cherries that I bought at the grocery store the other day. How sweet and firm they were, I loved everything about them.
Then I remembered a conversation I had with my daughter a few years back about how she hated cherries, and thought it was because of the cherry flavored cough syrup I gave her as a child. How terrible not to enjoy fresh yummy cherries.
I used to pick cherries as a kid with alot of my friends. A group of 5 or 6 of us would attack a tree, and pick it clean in a few hours. We would climb up the rickety ladders, and one would climb up the trunk of the tree, and we'd have the radio playing. I remember, "Little Red Riding Hood You Sure Are Looking Good...." as being one of the songs that was current at the time.
Fun fun times, earning money to buy clothes for the next school year, and gas that cost 23.9 cents per gallon at the time sigh....
I would like to think she'd give cherries another chance....

No comments: