Friday, July 06, 2007


I attended the Danny Dietz Dedication on July 4TH. It was really meaningful and wonderful, and I'm glad that I was able to be there. Shook hands with the Secretary of the Navy, and Tom Tancredo, and I was in the presence of high ranking military types and hero's. Saw one of my son's "bosses", and he told me that he couldn't promise to keep him safe, that my son could end up like Danny, but he said he could guarantee that he had the best leadership. Very hard words to hear for me. He went on to say how my son was one of the best pilots. With all of this I told him how I was very proud of him, but how I also hoped that he wouldn't re-enlist again. With that he said, "and that's why it's good that 'mom's' aren't the ones making the decision". Also spoke with several mom's that lost their son's in Iraq, that was really hard. So yes, I'm very glad that I was able to be there. I should have taped the news, as I didn't see any of the coverage, but being there in person was very important for me, and really meant alot.

No comments: