Friday, August 08, 2008

Drenched!

OMG! Walking out from work this evening in Denver, I was caught in a major downpour. On my way out I met up with one of the housekeepers and asked if I could have a plastic bag and was thinking I was pretty smart, heh. I ripped the hole in the bottom for my face as usual for those things, and started out. Now the rain was really coming down hard and fast, I only had to walk three blocks, but the water was pretty deep too, I had to walk through over the ankle deep streams of fast running water to get out to my car, I was only half way out to my car and was already soaking wet to the core. The hail started hurting my head and the wind caught the plastic bag and blew it off me, so I put it back on me, after getting more wet, but still felt a bit protected.
After making it out to the car, driving home with all of the water on the road was slow going but everything is good. I couldn't wait to get home and peel off the soaked clothing and get into something dry. It's dry here at home, it was only raining in Denver.
Wish the rain would fall in my neck of the woods....

No comments: